A couple of days ago, Microsoft released the Windows Azure Toolkit for Windows Phone 7. This toolkit is designed to make it easier for phone developers to leverage cloud services running in Windows Azure. The toolkit includes Visual Studio project templates for Windows Phone 7 and Windows Azure, class libraries optimized for use on the phone, sample applications, and documentation.
This toolkit contains the following:
- Binaries for your Windows Phone 7 applications to make it easier to work with Windows Azure
- Documentation that covers setup and configuration, a review of the toolkit content, getting started, and some troubleshooting tips
- Dependency checker to ensure that you have all the bits required in order to successfully use the toolkit
- Project templates to optimize new phone application creation using VSIX files
- A sample application that fully leverages the toolkit, both available in C# and VB.NET