In one of my previous posts, I had written about the ‘Show Desktop and the Aero Peek Feature in Windows 7’. Emma commented on that post saying that the option was grayed out on her machine. This is what it looks like when the option is not available on your machine
Here are some pointers to help you resolve this issue:
1. Run the ‘Windows Experience Index’ assessment test on your Windows 7 machine to rate the performance of your hardware. If you get a score of 3.0 or more for the Graphics component, you are good to go to use this feature. Here’s the sample assessment test results of a machine.
2. Once you have run the assessment test and have got a score of 3.0 or above, go to Control Panel > Performance Information and Tools > Click on ‘Adjust Visuals Effects’
Make sure that these three checkboxes are checked
- Animate controls and elements inside windows
- Enable desktop composition
- Use visual styles on windows and buttons
3. You can also try enabling Aero theme on your machine. To do so, right click on your desktop > Personalize > Choose an Aero Theme. Also make sure the Color scheme is 32-bit.
If neither of the steps shown above works, check these links over here for other possible solutions
Hopefully these steps will resolve the issue and you will be able to preview the desktop with Aero Peek
Will you give this article a +1 ? Thanks in advance